Sunday, August 8, 2010

8/7/10

I suppose that folks have been wondering about the engine and the eye candy they were promised! Well, here is the first look at the original K engine, ready for paint. Some detail marks were applied, such as the orange marks, which were typical of the time period in identifying high performance parts. The water pump is like it was out of the box, I did not apply the orange mark. It is indeed a hi-po water pump, dated 12/64. It is not rebuilt, it is an NOS, never used pump that was acquired new, still in the old FoMoCo box. Original hi-po manifolds, date proper, were re-finished in a dark heat-treated appearance. All other components are date and period correct. As you see the engine is how they were assembled (to the best of my knowledge), before they were painted. I chose not to install an oil filter at this point as I hope to use one of the 1,000 mile hi-performance break-in filters. Here's a few pics, enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment